Child Care and Early Childhood Centers Compliance AgentApril 30, 2019
Data Entry ClerkMay 21, 2019
Listuguj Mi'gmaq Government - LETE
Title: Communication and Engagement Coordinator
Start Date: June 2019
Term: Fulltime/ Permanent
Accountable to: Director of Listuguj Education, Training & Employment LETE
Summary of Function:
The Communication and Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of communication and promotion strategies for the Alaqsite’w Gitpu School, the First Nation Regional Adult Education Centre, the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Development Centre and other units of LETE. In conjunction with the Associate Director of Education, the representative will also coordinate the growth of family engagement as a shared effort among families, schools and community leaders to advance programs, practices and policies that empower every parent to make their Mi’gmaq learner’s potential a reality.
- Assess characteristics of educational, training and employment services to be promoted and advise unit managers.
- Advise unit managers on promotion strategies and information programs.
- Develop and implement communication campaigns appropriate for print, radio and electronic media.
- Gather, research and prepare communication material for internal and external audiences.
- Develop, implement and evaluate communication strategies and programs designed to inform learners, parents, all community employees and community members of initiatives and policies of the LETE.
- Assist unit managers in the preparation of reports, briefs, speeches, presentations and press releases, ensuring consistent messaging and branding.
- Oversee website maintenance ensuring up to date content.
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, newsletters and other material.
- A university degree or college diploma in business marketing, public relations, communication or journalism is required.
- Knowledge of Listuguj Education operations and/or experience in working with Indigenous educational systems.
- Proficiency in various social media.
- Complete proficiency in English language.
- Proficiency in Mi’gmaq language and French language is an asset.
For a full job description, please contact the LMG HR Department.
Submit Confidential Applications, Resumes and References to:
LMG Human Resources
17 Riverside West,
Listuguj (Quebec) G0C 2R0
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS
THURSDAY, MAY 30, 2019